[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11258: Edit Comments > Quick Buttons ordering should be changed, with "Spam" becoming less accessible

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Nov 27 17:59:44 UTC 2009

#11258: Edit Comments > Quick Buttons ordering should be changed, with "Spam"
becoming less accessible
 Reporter:  lloydbudd     |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by Denis-de-Bernardy):

  * status:  closed => reopened
  * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 > Replying to [comment:10 Denis-de-Bernardy]:
 > >I second that the new order makes no more sense than the old one. Both
 are inconsistent with the rest of the UI.
 > I'd argue that it makes ''less'' sense; at least the old links were
 ordered according to the action they perform.[[BR]]
 > Out of interest, what else in the UI are you comparing it to when you
 say both are inconsistent? I know the quick actions in the dashboard
 comment list are in a different order (I had been going to open a ticket
 for that), but are there inconsistencies anywhere else?

 Posts/Pages: Edit | Quick Edit | Trash | View

 Terms: Edit | Quick Edit | Delete

 Media: Edit | Trash | View

 Links: Edit | Delete

 Themes: Activate | Preview | Delete

 Plugins:        Activate | Delete

 Users: Activate | Delete

 But...

 Comments: Approve | Reply | Quick Edit | Edit | Trash | Spam

 For consistency's sake, my own suggestion, for the latter, would be:

 Quick Edit | Edit | Trash | Spam | Approve | Reply

 It keeps Edit to the left, like in the rest of the UI, and it takes you
 from the most likely to the least likely action right to left.

 Re-opening...

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11258#comment:12>