[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11589: Disable the availability of deprecated functions by default for new installs

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Dec 24 10:36:45 UTC 2009

#11589: Disable the availability of deprecated functions by default for new
installs
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  westi            |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new
Component:  General          |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:
 We collect all the functions we don't want people to use into {{{wp-
 includes/deprecated.php}}} and make it easy for you to see if you are
 using them when {{{WP_DEBUG}}} is enabled.

 I would like to take this one step further and not make them available at
 all for new installs.

 My proposal introduces a new {{{WP_ENABLE_DEPRECATED_FUNCTIONS}}} define
 which defaults to false in {{{wp-sample-config.php}}} for new installs and
 true if not defined in {{{wp-settings.php}}} for old installs.