[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11562: Return required PHP and MySQL versions from api.wordpress.org/core/version-check/

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Dec 22 18:17:31 UTC 2009

#11562: Return required PHP and MySQL versions from api.wordpress.org/core/version-
check/
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ryan           |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Component:  WordPress.org  |     Version:
 Severity:  normal         |    Keywords:
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Description changed by ryan:

Old description:

> Currently we have this response:
>
> {{{
> upgrade
> http://wordpress.org/download/
> http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.9.zip
> 2.9
> en_US
> }}}
>
> Suggesting we add the PHP and MySQL versions to the end of that:
>
> {{{
> upgrade
> http://wordpress.org/download/
> http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.9.zip
> 2.9
> en_US
> 4.3
> 4.1.2
> }}}
>
> The auto upgrader can check this and now if the new version is compatible
> with the server environment without having to download and partially
> install the new version.

New description:

 Currently we have this response:

 {{{
 upgrade
 http://wordpress.org/download/
 http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.9.zip
 2.9
 en_US
 }}}

 Suggesting we add the PHP and MySQL versions to the end of that:

 {{{
 upgrade
 http://wordpress.org/download/
 http://wordpress.org/wordpress-2.9.zip
 2.9
 en_US
 4.3
 4.1.2
 }}}

 The auto upgrader can check this and know if the new version is compatible

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11562#comment:1>