[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10555: number_format_i18n function doesn't check if the number is float or not before doing the formating

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Dec 21 08:35:33 UTC 2009

#10555: number_format_i18n function doesn't check if the number is float or not
before doing the formating
 Reporter:  chombium      |       Owner:  nbachiyski
Component:  i18n          |     Version:  2.9
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing early

Comment(by westi):

 Replying to [comment:5 hakre]:
 > I'm a bit confused. We have a pretty well report here, we have a
 parameter here "number_format_decimals" which actually is configured to
 values other than 0.

 The point is that I think this was made translatable by accident.

 I don't believe that the number of digits displayed after a floating point
 it something that a translation team would be expected to specify or need
 to specify.

 They need to specify the thousands separator and the decimal point.

 We have a translation recommendation to always set this to 0 because it
 will display numbers as floats.

 I am going to take this discussion to the wp-polyglots list to see if
 there is a need there for this to remain translatable.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10555#comment:6>