[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11407: Make WP insist that the user upgrades the site after a certain amount of time

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Dec 12 22:26:34 UTC 2009

#11407: Make WP insist that the user upgrades the site after a certain amount of
time
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |       Owner:  ryan
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new
Component:  Security           |     Version:
 Severity:  normal             |    Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Replying to [comment:8 miqrogroove]:
 > Better to have a working version 2.8 site than a crippled admin panel.

 Oh, but that's another problem entirely. that issue has to do with
 testing, testing, testing, testing, ... (x100 times more), testing.

 I wonder... Say, has anyone been arguing since around 2.8.0 (and 3 years
 earlier, but nobody remembers) that we should a) keep the bloody ticket
 list to a manageable level, b) lengthen the release cycle, c) lengthen the
 test cycle in order to ensure we've proper QA in WP, and d) (more
 recently) increase the number of core devs so that potential contributors
 stay around for long enough to get involved instead of fleeing away from
 lack of traction? Mm... I wonder who that might be...

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11407#comment:9>