[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #8632: "Search Categories" does not list/search sub-/childcategories, Tree is broken in "Edit Post"

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 15 19:16:24 GMT 2009

#8632: "Search Categories" does not list/search sub-/childcategories, Tree is
broken in "Edit Post"
 Reporter:  lloydbudd     |       Owner:  anonymous
Component:  General       |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  critical      |    Keywords:  needs-patch, search, category, categories

Comment(by pp19dd):

 I believe this is not a search problem, but, a display bug.  For example,
 if you comment these two lines (64, 65) out of 2.7.1's /wp-
 admin/includes/template.php :

 {{{
                 if ( $category->parent != $parent )
                         continue;
 }}}

 Then the search results appear as they should (well, almost- the display
 is out of whack and pagination appears to be always out of touch).

 I think the problem comes from the way the display routine is done, or
 specifically how it tries to reconstruct the search results visually
 against the entire category list, and then tie that with the
 _get_term_hierarchy('category') output.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8632#comment:8>