[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7997: Cannot use installer when installing WordPress in a sub directory of another install

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Oct 28 20:15:35 GMT 2008

#7997: Cannot use installer when installing WordPress in a sub directory of
another install
 Reporter:  sivel    |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  General  |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal   |    Keywords:
 Because WordPress now uses wp-load.php to look for wp-config.php in 1
 directory up, that prevents you from installing WordPress (using the
 installer) in a sub directory of another install because the new install
 will use the wp-config.php for the other install.

 I think the easiest way to fix this is to check to see if there is another
 wordpress file 1 directory up on level with wp-config.php which would
 signify that that wp-config.php is part of another install.

 In my attached diff I am checking for the existence of wp-load.php on
 level with wp-config.php, but could be wp-settings.php or whatever.

 I marked this as Milestone 2.7.  Any chance we could work a fix in for
 2.7?  If not adjust accordingly.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7997>