[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #7391: forbiddance of ini_set('include_path', ...) function causes fatal error at revision feature

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jul 29 12:01:41 GMT 2008

#7391: forbiddance of ini_set('include_path', ...) function causes fatal error at
revision feature
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  codestyling        |        Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect             |       Status:  new
Comment (by jacobsantos):

 Good Points. Having a fall back is never a bad thing to have and with most
 instances, the first conditional will evaluate to true. For edge cases
 where ini_set() is enabled, but set_include_path() is disabled. It seems
 unlikely, but available.

 I don't like error suppression, because you really don't gain anything
 from it, the error will still be passed to either the Apache error log, so
 no benefit from that. Also before PHP 5.2, it is quite the performance
 hit.

 If you want to remove restore_include_path() then it is possible. I had it
 because it already exists within the function. If it currently works, then
 there is no harm, but there is no harm in keeping it either.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7391#comment:8>