[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5721: Future posts published with Windows Live Writer are scheduled for incorrect time.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 25 19:40:14 GMT 2008

#5721: Future posts published with Windows Live Writer are scheduled for incorrect
time.
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith  |        Owner:  markjaquith
     Type:  defect       |       Status:  assigned
Changes (by markjaquith):

  * keywords:  => has-patch
  * status:  new => assigned
  * milestone:  2.5 => 2.3.3

Comment:

 Here's the issue:

 Windows Live Writer sends dateCreated without the "Z" designating is as a
 GMT date.  WordPress assumes it is a local time, and post_date_gmt gets
 offset (by the WP-stored GMT offset).

 Two things need to happen:

  1. Windows Live Writer needs to send the "Z" so we know it's GMT
  2. We need to give preference to date_created_gmt (which we can
 reasonably assume to be GMT even if it lacks the "Z") over dateCreated

 Joseph is in contact with the WLW people about the first part, and I've
 created a patch to do the second part.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5721#comment:3>