[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #5669: Provide single logging functions to replace logIO(), debug_fwrite() etc.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Feb 5 02:52:34 GMT 2008

#5669: Provide single logging functions to replace logIO(), debug_fwrite() etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  pishmishy                                                                          |        Owner:  darkdragon
     Type:  enhancement                                                                        |       Status:  new
Changes (by santosj):

  * keywords:  2nd-opinion has-patch needs-testing logging logIO
               debug_fwrite dubug audit dev-feedback => 2nd-
               opinion has-patch needs-testing logging logIO
               debug_fwrite debug dev-feedback

Comment:

 The new debug.php is deadly awesome. However, it will completely bypass
 the plugin sandbox (sorry), so plugins which would normally fail, will now
 be caught by the WordPress logging API.

 This can be useful as all non-critical errors will be caught by the
 Logging API and will allow the plugin author to fix all those errors. This
 will also mean that a plugin will be in theory able to log and process all
 WordPress errors to a file.

 I need a second opinion as for improvements. I'm unsure I like how this is
 set up and would like to improve it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5669#comment:11>