[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7549: Update get_footer and get_header to allow named headers and footers like get_sidebars

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Aug 19 17:42:32 GMT 2008

#7549: Update get_footer and get_header to allow named headers and footers like
get_sidebars
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  AaronCampbell  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
Component:  General        |     Version:
 Severity:  normal         |    Keywords:  has-patch
 We added this to get_sidebars in #5615 and at the time I didn't even think
 about get_header and get_footer.  However, as I'm doing more and more
 complex sites based on WordPress I've run into the need to use multiple
 header and footer files.  The 2.6 branch is affected by this and so is
 trunk (currently 2.7).  I'm attaching two patches.  One for the 2.6 branch
 and one for trunk.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7549>