[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #5272: Wodpress allows anonymous user to see slug for private post by guessing post number

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 29 00:06:08 GMT 2007

#5272: Wodpress allows anonymous user to see slug for private post by guessing
post number
 Reporter:  tzafrir  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  General  |     Version:  2.3.1
 Severity:  major    |    Keywords:
 I have pretty permalinks enabled, and I set a post as private.

 Entering http://blog.url/?p=(postid) will redirect the user, any user, to
 http://blog.url/perma/link/, and only then give him a 404 error.

 Depending on permalink structure, this shows the private post's title to
 anyone who figures out its post number.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5272>