[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #2713: patch wptexturize to leave text inside (code|pre|kbd|style|script|samp) tags alone

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue May 9 22:47:55 GMT 2006

#2713: patch wptexturize to leave text inside (code|pre|kbd|style|script|samp)
tags alone
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
       Id:  2713       |      Status:  new
Component:  Template   |    Modified:  Tue May  9 22:47:55 2006
 Severity:  normal     |   Milestone:
    Owner:  anonymous  |    Reporter:  n8v
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 My issue was initially similar to ticket #2647 but I fixed it a different
 way (see patch) because I wasn't sharp enough to spot the missing
 parenthese.

 Also, I noticed that it didn't seem to properly skip texturizing text
 inside tags nested within code/pre/etc. blocks.  So for example, even
 after applying Justinsomnia's patch from #2647 :

 {{{
 <pre>
 foo --bar
 <samp>bar --foo</samp>
 baz --foo
 </pre>
 }}}

 gets texturized as:

 {{{
 <pre>
 foo --bar
 <samp>bar &#8211;foo</samp>
 baz &#8211;foo
 </pre>
 }}}

 I tested my patch with the sample above, and confirmed that it resumes
 texturizing after the closing pre tag.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2713>
WordPress Trac <http://wordpress.org/>