[wp-testers] Error in Twenty Twelve Theme with add_custom_background

Deanna Riddlespur driddles at students.ChattahoocheeTech.edu
Fri Sep 7 15:11:13 UTC 2012

Did you get it worked out?

From: wp-testers-bounces at lists.automattic.com [wp-testers-bounces at lists.automattic.com] on behalf of Aero Maxx [aero.maxx.d at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:57 PM
To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com
Subject: [wp-testers] Error in Twenty Twelve Theme with add_custom_background

Hi Everyone,

Unsure if this is the correct place, but I just downloaded the
latest.zip file from the wordpress site, and there seems to be an issue
with the twenty twelve that was in it.

It complains about the deprecated use of add_custom_background and to
use add_theme_support ( 'custom-background' ); instead.

I have editted the functions.php file to use add_theme_support (
'custom-background' ); instead, but now I get a new error.

Warning: Cannot unset offset in a non-array variable in
/home/daniel/public_html/development-sites/wordpress-stable.dev/web/public/wordpress/wp-includes/theme.php
on line 1370 Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in
/home/daniel/public_html/development-sites/wordpress-stable.dev/web/public/wordpress/wp-includes/theme.php
on line 1390

I'm not sure how to fix that I have looked in the wordpress code and
seen where its doing the unset.

>         case 'custom-background' :
>             $defaults = array(
>                 'default-image' => '',