[wp-testers] 401 error not occurring when search by page_name doesn't find match

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri May 11 17:31:21 UTC 2012

The word "page_name" is not a valid URL piece to begin with, and
neither is "id". Essentially, neither of these words is looked at by
WordPress, so it thinks you're asking for the main page.

Notice how /?pagename=foo or /?p=1234567890 will both give you a
proper 404 (not a 401)? That's because those are the correct terms to
be using.

-Otto