[wp-testers] Priorities of the categories

Dispoweb2.0[Ghaith] dispoweb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:35:54 UTC 2012

 Hello,

I don't know if I can post this suggestion here, so, excuse me if I'm on
the wrong list.

I think it would be very interesting if the next version of WordPress can
have a way to make a categories' priorities system.

For example, now when we have a featured category created before the
others, the featured one will be used on the URL so it can damage the URL
structure.

I explain, we suppose that we have created a category with the name "A la
une" that's used as a featured category, after a period of time, we create
a category which named "Automobile". On the URL structure, when we select a
post on the Automobile category and make it also featured by selecting also
the category "A la une", our URL structure will be like this :
domain.com/a-la-une/post...html

It would be better if the CMS can offer the possibility to exclude a
category from being used on the URL structure or give it a low priority.
Something like this.

Sorry for my english, I speak french.

Regards,

GHAITH J.