[wp-testers] Theme Upload Bug on WordPress.org

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Sep 16 09:25:42 UTC 2011

That sounds like the expected behaviour to me, You're reading it as a
decimal, whereas, WordPress is reading it as a version string.
0.75 vs 0.8 - decimal
0.75 vs 0.08 - how version strings work in PHP

If in future you want a version between 0.7 and 0.8, you'd be best
using 0.7.1 or 0.7.5 - the format is major.minor.patch-release that
format will work how you expect :)