[wp-testers] Theme Upload Bug on WordPress.org

Andy Warburton andy at stinkyink.com
Fri Sep 16 07:45:01 UTC 2011

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is the wrong list, I couldn't find one that was totally
appropriate.

Yesterday I was uploading a theme to WordPress.org at this URL:

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/upload/

The version number of my old theme was 0.75, the new theme was 0.8 however
the theme uploader generated an error saying that the new version number had
to be higher than the old one. Obviously this is an error in the logic that
compares version numbers.

To get round it, I numbered my new theme 0.80 and all was well.

I hope someone here has the ability to let the guys at Automattic know about
this.

Thanks

Andy