[wp-testers] Nav menu items visibility and draft post/pages

Casper Old.School.Crew cas at gyuvetch.bg
Tue May 31 12:37:52 UTC 2011

Hi people,

You know that if you change the status to post or page to draft, it is not visible in menu section as an item that can be added to menu. But what if you create your custom menu, then you add some links, pages, posts.. etc. to it and in a later moment you change one of the items post status to draft. That actually does not change the nav menu item status to draft, it stays published and it is still visible/clickable (even tho not-logged-in users can't view drafted content). I'm wandering if there is a way when you draft a post or page, for example, the nav menu item to be hidden, at least in the front end. Who needs nav that leads to a blank page anyway? A show/hide menu item option? Or am I just missing something?

Greets,
Cas