[wp-testers] Capabilities for moderating comments

Andrew Macaulay-Brook am at theburo.net
Thu Mar 31 13:17:02 UTC 2011

Hi - I realise the list might not be the right place for this, but I'm equally unsure if I should post this in Trac as a bug or as  WordPress idea.

I have a small project with a one custom post type in it and would like comments on the post types.  In the admin when I customise capabilities for my Editor's role to minimise the interface, I've realised that  comment moderation requires the edit_posts capability. This makes it impossible for me to turn off Posts completely for my editor, who would ideally only see the custom post type & the comments.  (Yes, I can hack the $menu[] global, and likely will, but that is only a visual thing and doesn't impact on capabilities.)

I'd prefer it if the Comment moderation functionality worked off its own set of capabilities, or if it needs to interact with the concept of edit_posts then change that to edit_$custom_post_types

Bug? idea?

Thanks.  A.

Andrew Macaulay-Brook, BEng MBCS CITP, trading as theburo.net
mailto:am at theburo.nethttp://www.theburo.net/