[wp-testers] A RE-EXAMINATION OF THEME REQUIREMENTS - AN ESSAY

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Jun 27 22:46:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Bruce Wampler <brucewampler at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is - just how many commercial shared servers exist that actually
> work that way?

I'd say most of them, actually. While I don't work directly with major
hosting providers, I've seen and fixed many, many shared hosting
websites. It is a rare one that implements setuid methods (which is
what you're describing). Most of the major hosts do it (GoDaddy,
Dreamhost, etc), but there's a lot more hosts out there than the major
ones.

-Otto