[wp-testers] Edit Thumbnail not working in Edit Media?

Dave Churchill davinian at mac.com
Fri Jul 15 10:56:48 UTC 2011

Hi, seeking some advice.

When editing images in the Media Library, I can't seem to edit/crop the Thumbnails. Sometimes it seems to work, but I'd say 99% of the time it doesn't do anything at all. I'm also uncertain what's best practice, as the Save button is greyed out (is that right?) so I'm assuming you just need to use the Update Media button?

I've looked through Track and see there are several media related problems, but nothing appears specific to editing thumbnails?

I'm using WordPress 3.2.1 and have the same problems with Chrome and Safari on the Mac. Interesting I did have similar problems on 3.1, but I'd say a 50% success rate!

Original images are 600x450 pixels, thumbnails are set to 150x150 pixels with "Crop thumbnail to exact dimensions..." ticked.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,
David