[wp-testers] Plugin guru please?

Foolish Visions shelly at foolishvisions.com
Fri Jan 28 20:16:03 UTC 2011

I have a plugin I wrote that I think is ready to be put in the repository.  However, before I do it, I was wondering if there was someone here who's a plugin guru that might be willing to take a look at it and see if I'm missing anything in regards to security, or have anything that's deprecated in there.  I'm pretty sure I have it all taken care of, but you know how it is - always better when you have a second pair of eyes looking at it.

Just to make sure I'm extra-clear here - this will be a FREE plugin I want to pop into the plugins database on WordPress.org. I'm not looking for free help on something that I plan to sell/make money on.  I just want to be extra-sure that I'm doing the best I can to add something good to the database (and not something that will break/cause an exploit) before I just go and do it.  this is a first major plugin I've ever written, and it'll write stuff to the database using custom post types, in in the case of initial activation, using wp_insert_post().

Thanks :)  And if you're interested, rather than spam the list with "I'll do it" responses, just email me offlist :)

~Shelly