[wp-testers] Admin bar + post formats

michael at mfields.org michael at mfields.org
Tue Jan 18 09:21:18 UTC 2011

When I navigate to a post format archive: /type/status/ the admin bar
presents me with a link to "Edit Tag" which points to:

/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?action=edit&taxonomy=post_format&tag_ID=140

which allows me to modify "Name", "Slug" and "Description". If a user were
to attempt to modify the slug it would result in all fields being replaced
with empty values.

When I noticed this I had 2 status posts on my test installation. Once I
submitted the edit-tags form these posts were "moved" from the status
format to a blank format. This could be viewed by editing the post via
/wp-admin/edit.php where a new radio button was inserted into the meta box
having no label. This also resulted in no post being returned when
visiting /type/status/. It is important to note that the status radio
button is still present.

At this point, if I publish a new post with the status format and visit
/type/status/ it will return an archive containing only the newest
published post.

IMHO it's probably best to disable the admin pages for the post format
taxonomy as well as remove the link from the admin bar and revisit in 3.2.

Please let me know your thoughts.

-Mike