[wp-testers] Attachment Pages for Non-Standard Post Format Types

Nathaniel Taintor goldenapplesdesign at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 18:22:39 UTC 2011

In my opinion, the way WordPress currently handles attachments, by
mime-type, makes more sense for attachments than trying to fit attachments
into the post format structure.

Attachments of mime-type "audio/mp3", for example, will be served by
template file audio.php, then mp3.php, then audio_mp3.php, and then finally
attachment.php. This gives you a chance to handle formats pretty well in
your theme files.

What use do you have in mind where you would need to check the parent post's
format in order to display the attachment?

Nathaniel Taintor, Designer/Developer
*Golden Apples Design*
http://goldenapplesdesign.com