[wp-testers] post-format 'standard'?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Thu Jan 6 14:56:45 UTC 2011

On Jan 5 2011 3:58 PM, Chip Bennett wrote:
> Sorry; I started testing way late in the cycle. :(
>
> On a related note, something else for 3.2: expose Post Format in the
> Quick-Edit form.
>
> Chip

Agreed. It would be nice to have it in the bulk-edit. When I first
decided to use post formats for WordPreh.com, I had to go back and edit
a bunch of already published posts to set them to the proper format.
Being able to do it in quick/bulk edit would have been much more
convenient. :)

>> It's a reasonable suggestion, but it's too late in the cycle. People
>> will be doing things like:
>>
>> if ( !get_post_format() ) {
>>     // foo
>> }
>>
>> And if that starts returning 'standard', they're going to break.
>>
>> What we can do, in 3.2, is to have another function for getting the
>> string, which replaces all the logic checks you mentioned.

Yeah, I figured it was probably too late to make that sort of change,
since it's not technically a bug. I just didn't know if there was some
on-purpose reason for doing it that way that I was missing.

We could use get_post_format_string( get_post_format() ), except that's
translated, so you'd also have to translate whatever you're comparing
against, and nobody will remember to do that :)

How about 'get_post_format_slug($postid)'?

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/