[wp-testers] Minimum server requirements for WP 3.1

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Jan 2 20:29:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM, DJ Allyn <djallyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I vaguely remember reading it somewhere before, but cannot find it now...
>
> Have the server requirements for the upcoming WP 3.1 changed?  I just tried
> installing the release candidate on Hosting Matters and it wouldn't run.
>  This might be an issue for HM because they refuse to upgrade to PHP5.  Is
> this going to be a mandatory requirement?

PHP 4 was end of life in 2008. We're coming up on year three. I don't think
hosting matters to them so much.

The mandatory requirement to PHP 5.2 will go into effect in WP 3.2. If it's
not working on PHP 4 now, then that's a bug. We haven't done final PHP 4
compatibility checks yet -- could you share what went wrong?

Nacin