[wp-testers] bug with post-formats in latest nightly (3.1-RC2)

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Sun Jan 2 15:32:35 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 15:24, michael at mfields.org wrote:
> Would it be a good idea to create an add_post_formats() function much like
> is currently done for features like editor style and custom backgrounds
> which have functions like add_editor_style() and
> add_custom_image_header(). This way add_post_formats() could check against
> a white-list and the results *should* be seen throughout WordPress?
>
>> Working on both now ... hopefully done within the next 20-30 minutes ...

I was going to wait and see what Eric comes up with first, but as
you've mentioned that.

I was thinking a check_post_formats function might be better, checks
the theme added formats against the list of allowed ones, and only
returns an array of added & allowed post_formats.

I just wasn't 100% sure where this should be slotted in.

Rich