[wp-testers] Codex Page: Creating Options Pages

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sun Feb 13 10:36:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 21:17:09 +1100, Peter Westwood
<peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:>
> On 12 Feb 2011, at 22:13, Chip Bennett wrote:
>> It would seem that this page is a bit out-of-date:
>> http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_Options_Pages
>>
>> Or, at least, is in need of some reorganization, so that the Settings
>> API
>> implementation is featured, rather than the second option.
>>
>> If I were to go in and tidy it up a bit, would I need to retain the
>> pre-WP
>> 2.7 instructions? Can they be removed, or left in a "Pre-2.7" section?
>> (Do
>> most Codex pages go that far with backwards compatibility?)
>
> The best place to ask would be the wp-docs list. (Added to CC)
>
> I would suggest that old instructions can go.
>
> Cheers

I agree there.
If you want, you can link to a previous revision for details on how it can
be handled in the older versions, For example, See the
register_post_type() page:
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type>
it specifically mentions that the content is now 3.1+, and if you need
details for older versions, see the old revision it links to.

Cheers
Dion Hulse / dd32
Contact:
  e: contact at dd32.id.au