[wp-testers] Draft Page appears in Menu

Paul Aumer-Ryan prar at hawaii.edu
Sun Dec 11 00:51:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Navjot Singh <navjotjsingh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Its not about changing the menu. In my opinion custom menu should check
> > that if an existing page has been unpublished it should hide it
> > automatically and make it reappear when it is published again.
>
> Hiding or removing something from the menu *is* changing the menu.

I believe changing the menu is appropriate behavior, even considering the
performance hit. If WP core features don't respect the meaning of "publish"
vs. "draft" (i.e., that "draft" pages should only be visible to
administrators), then it waters down the meaning.
Also, if a "draft" page appears in a custom menu, when an anonymous user
clicks on it, they won't be able to see the actual page, making the menu
item "broken."
Cheers,
-paul