[wp-testers] Archive of pages uses home.php template

monica kavanaugh mamk123 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 22:38:59 UTC 2011

this might help

--- On Sun, 4/3/11, michael at mfields.org <michael at mfields.org> wrote:

From: michael at mfields.org <michael at mfields.org>
Subject: Re: [wp-testers] Archive of pages uses home.php template
To: wp-testers at lists.automattic.com

The reason I recognized this as a bit strange was that I was expecting the
query to go straight to index.php. I have always thought home.php was
responsible for displaying posts having the 'post' post_type. Having it
display an archive of any other post_type just seems odd to me. Please let
me know if I am wrong in my impression of what home.php should be doing.