[wp-testers] Update Notification Anomaly

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:11:37 UTC 2010

  Hey Jeff,

Not too sure which update notification you're referring to whether it's
the small highlighted "icon" with a number indicating the number of
updates available seen to the right of Dashboard and plugins sub-menus
when an update(s) is available (or when you hover over the Dashboard and
Plugins menu icons when the menus are collapsed) or if, in your list of
installed plugins, the update notification is not appearing under the
associated plugin once the list appears. Anyway...

I attempted to duplicate the problem by changing the version of one of
my active plugins to a previous version number. Once that was done, the
update notification icon appeared in both the Dashboard menu and the
Plugins menu. I first clicked on Dashboard/Updates to make sure the
plugin was listed in the available plugin updates section--it was and
the update icon was still there next to the Dashboard and Plugins menus.
I then clicked on "Plugins" in the Plugins menu and this took me to my
list of installed plugins, the update icon was also still there by both
menus. In my plugins list, under the plugin with the changed version
number, was the more detailed update notification with the link to view
the details of the update and the link to update the plugin automatically.

This is the way it has always worked for me since they introduced
automatic updating along and the little update "icons" that show the
number of updates available as described above. To me this is how it was
designed to work.

Does this help or did I miss something you saw...or did not see as the
case may be. ;-)