[wp-testers] Custom post type affects theme template hierarchy?

Andrew Macaulay-Brook am at theburo.net
Tue Sep 7 13:40:50 UTC 2010

Hi - I've got a simple custom post type defined and a very basic theme with no single.php or single-*.php templates in it.

When I look at the single page for my post type, I seem to be getting the single.php template from twentyten instead of my theme's index.php.

From everything I've ever done with themes, this isn't how the hierarchy works.  Have I uncovered a bug?

I've checked that I haven't made a child theme by mistake!

Andrew Macaulay-Brook, BEng MBCS CITP, trading as theburo.net
mailto:am at theburo.nethttp://www.theburo.net/