[wp-testers] Duplicate slug not possible for separate items problem

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Sep 1 20:59:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> Didn't know that. Neat. Do you know how this handles the
> multiple-categories situation?

It's actually slightly buggy at the moment and I see an additional
enhancement to be had, but it grabs category_name, fetches the associated
term object, and checks to see if that term is associated with that post. If
not, it redirects to the post permalink.

Two potential improvements:
 1. category_name stores a path, which caused a bug.
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13471.

 2. It should actually confirm that category_name is equal to the proper
path. Otherwise, /fake-category/real-category/ will not redirect to
/real-parent/real-category/. No ticket for that yet, but I commented in
13471.