[wp-testers] wp-testers Digest, Vol 68, Issue 6

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Oct 25 05:07:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Administrator <
rontekadmin at hawaiisportsrap.com> wrote:

> Yeah I do get it.  First the bug I'm talking about is with the word
> processor in the admin.

define( 'AUTOSAVE_INTERVAL', 60 );

That's the length of time in seconds between autosaves. I have never seen a
bug report related to the loss of content *as a result of* autosaves, and I
would love to see yours. I don't shy away from bugs.

> I've long past given up on getting anything handled on bugs.  No matter who
> it gets sent to, it's always somebody else's problem to fix, no matter how
> fully you detail the problem and how nicely you you address the people or
> situation involved.

I'm sorry you've had that problem with other projects or companies. If that
was your experience with WordPress, it is an anomaly and I would appreciate
a link so we can deal with any outstanding issues.

> This is enough discussion on this.  The time spent on the back and forth
> over where and how a problem should be presented could have been better
> spent by someone saying something to the effect of...that's a problem we can
> look back and check to see if we carried the problem into the beta.

I've been trying do to exactly that. I would love to tell you, "there's a
problem right there, I see it too, so let's fix it." But I don't know what
the problem is. If you can elaborate beyond there being a bug in the "word
processor in the admin," as I've gathered that much, then I'm all ears.

Regards,
Nacin