[wp-testers] wp-testers Digest, Vol 68, Issue 6

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Oct 24 19:50:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Administrator <
rontekadmin at hawaiisportsrap.com> wrote:

> You code junkies are always claiming this isn't for support.  You can call
> it anything you want  but you don't really use it for that.  You use these
> for supporting each others sloppy code and any little pet addition that
> meets your fancy.  Those who actually TEST the software and report problems
> and are ingnored.  Si I've got a really good idea.  Why don't you guys make
> a wp-developers mailing list.  Maybe those that picked up on the WordPress
> software will actually put together a group for REAL testing of your
> software.  I have been a real R&D tester with a 6 figure salary, so I know
> what I'm talking about.
>  Quickly about the Internal Server Error.  It most probably has to do with
> using fast graphics on a server.  Older version of Apache like 1.333 are
> still in use with major hosting sites.  Using fast graphics with this
> slopped together code from wordpress will quite often cause 500 errors by
> causing the server to time out on you.  Also you may want to read the
> install instructions regarding 3.01 if upgrading from as opposed to
> installing fresh.
> Hope that helps.  The rest of you idiots that are responsible for the code
> for the core editor have really screwed it up.  You put an automatic save in
> the software that is NOT configurable.  That shouldn't be uncontrollable
> because it interferes with other processes.  The proportional redisplay of
> media has been totally broken and been reported and ignored.  Fix that stuff
> why don't cha.

Thank you for your email. This is the wp-testers mailing list. For advanced
support and WordPress development questions, you may wish to try the
wp-hackers mailing list (which you may have believed you were emailing, I'm
not sure), as the developers on that list generally don't have an issue with
addressing WordPress development questions.

The wp-testers list is, as scribu said, for testing development versions of
WordPress, which is currently 3.1-alpha. When the beta is released, I will
send an email to this list, as I have in the past, suggesting how it it used
most effectively. Generally, that means that if you are unsure if something
is a bug, send it here, and we can triage it, figure out how to reproduce
what you're seeing, and decide whether it requires a Trac ticket. If you
have enough experience to know something deserves a Trac ticket, you can
skip this whole process.

With regards to the internal server error, without any knowledge of the
server setup, it's a useless bug report, and it's hardly something I can
"look into" even if I tried. It's not a bug, it's a support request. It
doesn't belong here, at least without more information.

The autosave process is configurable, by both time between autosaves, also
with the ability to turn it off.

If you are not satisfied with WordPress, patches and *constructive feedback*
are both welcome with open arms. Otherwise, you may wish to slop together
your own piece of software that better meets your needs and requirements
instead of calling us names.

Because see, I don't make a six-figure salary making WordPress. I do this
because I enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Andrew Nacin
Core Developer