[wp-testers] automatic taxonomy update after add a new custom post type

Jimmy Roy jimmy.roy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 16:29:36 UTC 2010

hi guys,

I work on a new project and in this project I have 3 custom post types:

   - book
   - translator automatically
   - editor

until now everything is easy.

now it's more complicated, a book is edited by an editor and translated by a
translator so when I add a new book I would like to select translator and
editor in a custom taxonomy (taxo-translator and taxo-editor).

these 2 custom taxonomies are filled when I add a new translator (custom
post type) and a new editor (custom post type)... actually it's what I want
to do... but is it possible and how to do that?

an action hook after the creation of the custom post type ? how to get name
and id?

I'm not sure if I can do it easily with WP...

Jimmy