[wp-testers] Deleting Categories Not Properly Uncategorized

Jeff Chandler jeffc at wptavern.com
Fri Oct 1 11:56:05 UTC 2010

  I'm using WordPress 3.0.1 and I've noticed that after I've deleted a category, the posts end up labeled as Uncategorized but they can not be filtered in the post manager. I've setup WordPress so that posts from a deleted category are moved into the Uncategorized section and although this does happen, when I find the post in the post manager, the Uncategorized text is not linked and therefor, I can't filter all of the posts that were deleted. I have to manually find all of the posts that were deleted, click the edit button, click save, and then the Uncategorized text is linked allowing me to filter them.

Can anyone else confirm this kind of behavior? Did I make myself clear enough?