[wp-testers] Various questions about 3.1 beta

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:52:10 UTC 2010

Just a few questions about the 3.1 beta.  Thanks for any responses.

1. If you have a custom post type that supports 'sticky', what order should
a sticky 'regular' post and a sticky 'custom post type' display?  I have a
'sticky' post dated April 21, 2010, and a 'sticky' book (custom post type)
dated May 27, 2010, and on the blog it shows the post first, where I
expected the book (with the newest date) to show first.

2. Is it correct that the patch attached to Trac Ticket 15325 [1] is
necessary to make the importer work on a Windows environment?  I installed
the WordPress Importer plugin, upgraded to the latest nightly, then had to
apply that patch to successfully import a file exported from a 3.0
environment.

3.  When logged in as admin (not a network install) the admin bar appears
when visiting the site, but does not appear when visiting the admin screens,
correct?

4.  Is it correct that if I change the sort (say change the Date to
ascending) in the Posts screen, then visit another admin screen, then return
to the Posts screen, it is necessary to change the sort order
again...meaning the sort choices are true just for that particular visit to
the screen?

5. I'm experiencing the "Fatal error: Call to a member function
is_singular() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp31\wp-includes\query.php
on line 525" when visiting a page.  The page is using a Page Template [2]
and is querying a list of a custom post type (books).  I use a Twenty Ten
child theme and the theme's function.php to create the custom post type book
with an add_action('init','create_post_type_book'); so what do I need to fix
to correct this error?

[1] http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15325
[2] http://wordpress.pastebin.com/vH3XAae2

MichaelH