[wp-testers] Page Titles, Page Links, Page Permalinks

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:38:02 UTC 2010

So the new menu system in WordPress actually supports this. If you
have a page titled "About Johann Sebastian Bach" you can add it to a
menu and change the title to "About".

Originally I wasn't a fan of the database structure of menus but I can
see how it has advantages now. For example a page can appear in four
different menus with four different titles.

I can see the advantage of adding another field to posts for an
alternative title (I've done it myself in the past using post meta
data), but thinking about it I'd imagine the menu system would cover
the majority of situations where it's useful.

Let's see what people think.

John