[wp-testers] WordPress + SunOS question

Bryan Harley bryanharley at gmail.com
Sat May 29 04:39:09 UTC 2010

I installed WordPress on a SunOS server and initially ran into some
problems which are outlined here:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10234.  I fixed this problem by
disabling canonical URL redirection as outlined by Mark Jaquith here:
http://markjaquith.wordpress.com/2007/09/25/wordpress-23-canonical-urls/

My new problem is that, intermittently, I get blank pages on the
front-end of the site and on the back-end it prompts to download the
.php files.  Obviously the strange part is that this only happens
occasionally.  If I click around for long enough, eventually I'll run
into a blank page or prompt.   I've tried disabling plugins (even
re-enabling canonical URL redirection) to no avail.

Generally when .php files fail to execute it's due to a PHP
configuration problem on the server, missing mimetype, addtype,
addhandler, etc (at least with Linux/Apache).  But does this apply to
SunOS?  I don't know much about it.  I'm waiting to hear back from the
host.  But I don't understand why this is occurring intermittently.
Any ideas?