[wp-testers] publication at later date function...

alonzo fretwell alonzofretwell at gmail.com
Sun May 23 06:50:14 UTC 2010

i have to do plugins and upgrades by hand on the command line. i likely fall
into the 1% that it does not work on. i have had to pioneer some pretty
tricky things to get wordpress 3.0 to work on my debian etch server. so many
that i have written a howto on my blog for it.

wp-config.php contains this line on my system...

/** WordPress's Debianised default master config file
Please do NOT edit and read about how the configuration works in the
README.Debian
**/

that line is an artifact from the debianized wp which stopped around ~2.2.0,
however, it does reflect the current architecture of my wp 3.0x beta2
install.

i make the sorts changes usually made in wp-config.php in wp-settings.php on
my system. also, wp is located in /usr/share/wordpress/.

adding the define might turn the trick. but since the functionality is not
critical i am reluctant to try because otherwise wp is running pretty well.

unless you are confident that simply adding the define() would not cause
something else to break or that there may be other causes for the
auto-publish not to function i might just let it be.

please advise.