[wp-testers] Custom Post Type and Taxonomy Permalinks Broken?

Scott Elkin scott at mcintoshmarketing.com
Fri May 21 18:14:25 UTC 2010

I posted this in the forum, but didn't get an answer.

If I create a custom post type "movies" with custom taxonomies "directors" and "actors", this is what I get using the default Permalink structure:

(when I add a movie "clerks")

/?movies=clerks

If i click on the "directors" taxonomy from that page:

/?directors=kevin-smith

When I click on the "actors" taxonomy from the movie page:

/?actors=jason-mewes

If I change Permalinks to /%category%/%postname%/  I get:

/movies/kevin-smith/

and then just

/kevin-smith/
/jason-mewes/

For director and actor respectively.

All of these just 404.

What am I doing wrong here? How can I fix the actors and directors  permalinks to show:

/directors/kevin-smith/
/actors/jason-mewes/

AND have them not 404?

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Scott