[wp-testers] custom post type permalinks

Frank Bueltge frank at bueltge.de
Wed May 19 10:10:26 UTC 2010

@mike: no, this also a taxonomy to my own post_type. I see not, how this
works for active permalinks.

@otto: thanks for your informations, also the post on your blog! I
understand post_types, its also an new type in the tabel posts. I had use
before this with own code for different types. Now i will play with the
functions from WP for use own post_types.

My problem is only simpel, i thnik ;)
I had add a new post_type, see mail below. I have a admin-area for this,
automaticly from WP - great. When i use the link to "View" post, then works
this great without active permalinsk, example-url:
http://localhost/wpbeta/?iphone=custom-post-type-test

the same works not with active permalinks (structure:
/%post_id%/%category%/%postname%/), also example-url:
http://localhost/wpbeta/iphone/custom-post-type-test/

Why it is not possible to use the default-url?
I understand, that the posttype not automaticl in the loop, feed and other,
this is my work for an own type.
for include the loop  use th follow source, example:
add_filter( 'pre_get_posts', 'fb_get_posts' );
function fb_get_posts( $query ) {
    if ( !is_admin() )
        $query->set( 'post_type', array( 'post', 'iphone' ) );

    return $query;
}

for the feed:
add_filter('request', 'fb_feed_request');
function fb_feed_request($content) {
    if ( isset($qv['feed']) )
        $content['post_type'] = get_post_types();
    return $content;
}

Thanks for your times!