[wp-testers] $post data's GUID

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Tue May 18 08:05:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, 18 May 2010 16:32:47 +1000, Philip M. Hofer (Frumph)
<philip at frumph.net> wrote:

> When changing the slug for a post is it supposed to modify the guid
> entry for the post as well?  currently it is not so it retains the old
> slug inside of it.

The GUID should be set to the non-pretty-permalink uri, ie.
somesite.com/?p=345, You cannot rely on the guid field being a valid URI,
or being a valid entry point to a post, The fact it is a URI is merely
because its good unique identifier for posts.

But no, I dont believe it should update it.