[wp-testers] Custom post type changes on updating post title

Michael E. Hancock justmichaelh at gmail.com
Mon May 17 20:46:54 UTC 2010

From: "Nathaniel Taintor" <goldenapplesdesign at gmail.com>
> I'm running the latest nightly build (WordPress 3.0-beta2-14697) and I
> noticed an issue when updating the post title on posts using a custom
> post type. On changing the title and clicking "update", the post is
> saved with the default setting for "post-type". If the custom posts
> type was registered with "hierarchical"->true, the post will be
> updated as "page"; otherwise it will be updated as "post". Any ideas
> why this is happening?

I'm not seeing the problem, though when saving a custom post type article
(in my case Book) it does present the message:

"  Post updated. View post  "

But the article is ultimately still a Book.

If that's what you are seeing you might want to reopen and report on this
ticket:
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12968

or open a new ticket at trac.

MichaelH