[wp-testers] Post status filters?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Fri May 14 16:35:26 UTC 2010

On May 14 2010 11:51 AM, Austin Matzko wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Dougal Campbell<dougal at gunters.org>  wrote:
>
>> Nobody has a comment on this? Maybe I was too vague...
>>
>> First of all, I think that it's natural that we should have an easy way to
>> deal with custom post_status, just as with post_type and taxonomies. I
>> thought that improvements for custom post_status support had even been
>> mentioned in the feature list at some point.
>>
>> Killer Feature Use-Case: Workflows
>>
> I don't understand why you would want to filter the object status to
> do this rather than actually change the status.
>
> Most of the other things that get filtered have to do with
> presentation, such as post_title and post_content filters, but status
> is not a property that is presented.

Hrm. I guess I should have dig a little deeper first.

The main thing that stuck out at me was that the get_post_statuses() and
get_page_statuses() functions have hard-coded lists. I had assumed that
we used those in the admin when presenting the dropdowns to set post
status, and possibly in other places. But now that I look, the only
place we use those functions is in xmlrpc.php.

So, my bad. Much ado about nothing. I blame it on sleep deprivation.
*facepalm*

Though, those functions might need to be refactored to support custom
post statuses if any XML-RPC clients are using them.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/