[wp-testers] Important changes to post type and taxonomy registration

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri May 14 02:27:17 UTC 2010

** We have also now removed singular_label in favor of
labels->singular_name. **

http://wpdevel.wordpress.com/?p=814

It is no longer being used throughout core in "Edit %s" fashion -- that is
what this system of labels is replacing. Thus, it no longer needs to be so
prominent. It was also introduced in 3.0, and it dies in 3.0. We are however
keeping the original label property ("Posts," etc.), as that has been around
since the introductions of register_taxonomy and register_post_type.