[wp-testers] VHOST vs SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL / Wordpress Database Error

James Laws jamielaws at gmail.com
Thu May 13 12:37:09 UTC 2010

Just to give a little background on my set up.

I have 3.0 installed in a subdirectory. This is a multi-site using
subdomains. This directory will become the root once the site is complete
and 3.0 is stable. The reason being we have a site on this server that must
remain up but I wanted to develop the site with WordPress and then reset the
root once complete for a smooth transition. I wasn't sure there was any
other way to do this.

I hope the additional info helps clarify.