[wp-testers] 2 "Categories" check boxes listed in "Screen options" on the "Menus" page.

Kirk M kmb42vt at gmail.com
Sun May 9 15:36:59 UTC 2010

It turned out that the "Simple Tags" plugin was causing the problem. I
had been doing some plugin compatibility testing and when I (thought I
had) deactivated all the plugins, Simple Tags was left active which
caused the problem. When I deactivated "Simple Tags" the extra
"Categories" check box was gone from the "Menus" "Screen options".

Oops :-)